Broad Bean Puree
- 400g Broad Beans, Deshelled
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- 1tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Thyme
- Salt and Pepper
- Roast the garlic for 30 minutes, or cut up small and fry for 3 minutes in vegetable oil.
- Parboil the broad beans for 1-2 minutes, remove from heat, drain and drench in cold water to stop the cooking process. Deshell the broad beans.
- Cook the now-deshelled broad beans for a further 5 minutes in generously salted water. Remove and drain.
- Put the garlic and broad beans in a fine blender with the olive oil and blend until smooth. You may need to add a splash of water to get a smooth blend.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.