- 500g White Flour
- 380ml Water
- 2tsp Salt
- 90g Sourdough Starter
- Sieve flour into a bowl with the salt.
- Combine the water with the sourdough starter to form a smooth paste.
- Mix together the water mixture and flour to form a sticky dough.
- Leave to rest under a wet tea towel for 15 minutes.
- Knead for 10 minutes until a soft and elastic dough is achieved. You should be able to stretch it without tearing.
- Leave in a large well-oiled bowl in a warm place for 3 hours to rise.
- Knead the dough briefly to knock the air out of it.
- Put into a large well-oiled bowl and allow it to double in size under a wet tea towel. This will take 4-8 hours at room temperature, or overnight in the fridge. If leaving in the fridge, allow it 1-2 hours at room temperature the morning after.
- Preheat an oven to 230C (210C fan), lightly oil a baking tray and place the dough in the oven for 35-40 minutes until golden brown. Include a tray in the oven with a little water to create steam.
- The dough is done when it sounds hollow at the bottom. Leave for 15 minutes to cool before serving.