- 2 Chicken Leg (veg: firm tofu)
- 2tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 3 Shallots, chopped very fine
- 2tbsp Fish Sauce (veg: soy sauce)
- 2tsp Sugar
- 1tsp Tumeric
- 2tbsp Changmai Curry Paste (or Red Curry Paste)
- 1 Spring Onion
- 1 Lime
- Fry the red curry paste, shallot and tumeric in the vegetable oil.
- Add the chicken/tofu, half the coconut milk and fry until the chicken is cooked.
- Add the remaining coconut milk, sugar and fish/soy sauce.
- Cook the noodles as per their instructions, and keep a third of them to fry as a topping.
- Deep fry these noodles in vegetable oil for 30-60 seconds until crisp.
- Chop the spring onion very fine, and cut the lime into quarters.
- Put the noodles into each bowl, pour over the sauce and serve one chicken leg per person. Top with finely chopped spring onion and the fried noodles.
Traditionally, this dish is served with pickled cabbage.