Vegan Fried Chicken
- 1 pack Medium-Firm Tofu
- 2 cups Vegan Stock
- 1 cup Oat Milk (or other vegan milk)
- 2 tbsp Cider Vinegar
for the seasoning flour:
- 1/2 cup Plain Flour
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Powdered Garlic
- 1 tsp Powdered Ginger
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- Freeze the tofu overnight, and let it defrost. Then freeze it again, and let it defrost again.
- Once fully defrosted for the second time, drain all the liquid out, and press the tofu for 30 minutes to get all the water out of it.
- Tear apart the tofu by hand into nugget-sized chunks, and put these into a dish. They'll be quite delicate, so try not to break them.
- Soak the tofu in the stock for a minute while preparing the batter and seasoning flour.
- Create the batter by combining the plant milk with the cider vinegar.
- Create the seasoning flour by combining all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Coat each piece of tofu by dipping in the flour then the flour, using a pair of forks to avoid the flour sticking to your fingers.
- Deep fry the tofu until golden brown.