Beetroot with Lentils, Feta and Mint
- 500g Beetroot
- 2 Red Onions (Thinly Sliced)
- 2tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 10tbsp Cooked Lentils
- 75g Feta Cheese
- 8-10 Mint Leaves, Finely Shredded
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Place beetroot in a baking dish, each individually wrapped in foil. Roast for 45 minutes to an hour depending on size of beetroot.
- Mix red onions, sugar and vinegar. Leave to marinate while the beetroot is in the oven, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool, cut into 1cm cubes.
- Mix all ingredients, including lentils, together.
Serve inside pitta bread with hummus.